The International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) and the conference organizers welcome all with an interest in the economics of fishery management, seafood trade, and aquaculture, to join us for the nineteenth international Biennial Conference of IIFET to be held on the campus of the University of Washington, in the “Emerald City”: Seattle, Washington, USA.
IIFET is the only global professional organization devoted to improving understanding of all aspects of fisheries and aquaculture economics and seafood trade. Members include academics, fisheries managers and policy makers, seafood industry members, international organizations and national government representatives.
Themes for IIFET 2018 include the following, which will be supplemented by proposed special sessions:
- Economics of Aquaculture
- Seafood Markets and Trade
- Certification of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Economics of Recreational Fisheries and Tourism
- Fishery Governance, Policy and Management
- Governance and Management of High Seas and Straddling Stock Fisheries
- Rights-based Fishery Management and Co-management
- Economic, Bioeconomic and Ecological-Economic Modeling
- Ecosystem-based Management and Integrated Assessments
- Marine Spatial Planning and Multiple Use Management
- Spatial Management and Marine Protected Areas
- Interdependency of Fishery Management and Seafood Markets
- Understanding Small-scale and Developing Country Fisheries
- Managing Small-scale and Developing Country Fisheries
- Management Challenges of a Changing Environment.
Read more here...