West European Fish Technologists' Association
The theme for this year's conference is “Blue Value Creation, Bioeconomy, Health and Safety” and we invite submissions for communications under priority areas:
- Value creation from pelagic and demersal fish species (Industry Session)
- Sustainable aquaculture – healthy production today and in the future
- Zero waste production and biorefining
- Health effects of seafood consumption and promotion of marine-based food
- Factories of the future
- Seafood safety and authenticity
- Micro and macroalgae and future applications
- Advanced processing technologies and impact on quality of seafood
The first day of the conference deals with issues that in many ways are relevant for the fishing industry, as well as the aquaculture industry in the Faroe Islands. As such, we are looking forward to seeing many representatives from these sectors at the conference. Participants who will join some of the technical excursions on Friday may experience the seafood sector first hand.
WEFTA has developed as the leading platform for seafood R&D experts to gain knowledge about and discuss hot topics and major breakthroughs with a combination of keynote lectures, oral and poster sessions and opportunities for active discussion and networking with representatives from the seafood sector. This annual conference allows experts working in diverse fields to understand key R&D trends and breakthroughs, which underpin knowledge of how to produce the best seafood and ingredients and to gain first-hand knowledge of technological breakthroughs, which will affect production techniques and markets in coming years.
Find out more here...